1.14.2011

Speaking Of Weddings...

Lookie at what I did! I got a chance to play "behind the scenes assistant photog in training chick" the day my lovely bride-to-be friend / co-worker (& blogger too) KB had her bridal portraits taken. Another talented co-worker of ours did the real photography and didn't mind letting me lurk in the background. Plus I held the light a couple times too! Since there's like a 1 in a trillion chance someone important would see these pics here and spoil a surprise KB gave me the go ahead to post now!

This was my first "shoot" experience with a DSLR. And my first time to edit raw images. I have a lot to learn! One day I hope to be pretty good at all this junk :) Until then, I'll take what I can get! There are little things about all these shots that I would change but for the most part I was pretty pumped about how they turned out. And since this is a very amateur forecast of what the real deal will look like ... you can only imagine! Thanks for letting me play KB!


 We started at Moss Rock Preserve in Hoover, AL

Isn't that jacket awesome! She couldn't have picked a better one.

Then we moved to a studio downtown with this fabulous brick wall.
I'm a sucker for studio shots so I got most of my pics here.

I wish I had moved to the left for this one, but it still made my favs list. 

The stuff you can accomplish with a little light is pretty darn amazing, not gonna lie.

 Again, wish I had adjusted the angle and some stuff here but 
I love how she's sitting in this pic.

She's pretty easy on a lens, can you tell yet :)

There are many things to love about her dress, 
but the wrinkle factor is high on the list.

I tried true grayscale with this one.

And this is my grand finale. I LOVE this one. A lot. 
If the light wasn't touching her head I may not have found anything to complain about :) 
Never the less, this won my vote for myself for the day.

1 comment:

  1. HOLY COW! I LOVE the second one of her outside... she is GORGEOUS! I cannot wait to see how all of these turn out. I really love all the behind the scenes shots- they are so fun! Great job Jane!

    ReplyDelete